The Frome Society for Local Study was founded in 1958
by a number of townspeople who realised there was a need to
make the history of Frome and the district better known, and
to preserve its historic buildings and records
In the past. Frome Society for Local Study has:
* Helped to establish and run Frome Museum.
* Gathered and safeguarded information on Frome's history.
* Played a leading role in conserving historic buildings,
including Marston House.
* Given donations to many local projects.
* Given financial assistance for research.
* Purchased and repaired important relics.
* Provided plaques to mark buildings of interest.
* Helped to set up Frome Town Twinning.
* Published over 80 titles of historic and local interest,
selling by post & online new titles and Year Books
Currently, the Frome Society for Local Study is actively
* An annual programme of winter lectures.
* An annual programme of summer visits to places of interest.
* Continuing its wide range of research, donations, and
If you are interested in:
* Historic houses and gardens,
* Local history,
* Natural History
then Frome Society for Local Study has
something to offer you.
Remember, if you join the Frome Society for
Local Study, you
automatically become a member of the Frome
and District Civic Society as well. Frome Society
for Local Study is a Registered Charity