The Frome Society for Local Study was
founded in 1958 by a number of townspeople who
realised there was a need to make the history of
Frome and the district better known, and to preserve
its historic buildings and records.
In the past. Frome Society for Local Study has:
* Helped to establish and run Frome Museum.
* Gathered and safeguarded information on
* Played a leading role in conserving historic
buildings, including Marston House.
* Given donations to many local projects.
* Given financial assistance for research.
* Purchased and repaired important relics.
* Provided plaques to mark buildings of interest.
* Helped to set up Frome Town Twinning.
* Published over 80 titles of historic and local
interest, selling by post & online new titles and Year
Currently, the Frome Society for Local Study is
actively involved in:
* An annual programme of winter lectures.
* An annual programme of summer visits to places
* Continuing its wide range of research, donations,
To join the FSLS please
fill out a membership form,
If you are interested in:
* Historic houses and gardens,
* Local history,
* Natural History
then Frome Society for Local
Study has something to offer you.
Remember, if you join the Frome
Society for Local Study, you
automatically become a member
of the Frome and District Civic
Society as well. Frome Society
for Local Study is a
Registered Charity No.292340
FSLS Historypin just passed