The Frome Society for Local Study was founded
by a number of townspeople who realised there was a
make the history of Frome and the district better
to preserve its historic buildings and records
In the past. Frome Society for Local Study has:
* Helped to establish and run Frome Museum.
* Gathered and safeguarded information on Frome's
* Played a leading role in conserving historic
including Marston House.
* Given donations to many local projects.
* Given financial assistance for research.
* Purchased and repaired important relics.
* Provided plaques to mark buildings of interest.
* Helped to set up Frome Town Twinning.
* Published over 80 titles of historic and local
selling by post & online new titles and Year Books
Currently, the Frome Society for Local Study is
* An annual programme of winter lectures.
* An annual programme of summer visits to places of
* Continuing its wide range of research, donations,
If you are interested in:
* Historic houses and gardens,
* Local history,
* Natural History
then Frome Society for Local
Study has something to offer you.
Remember, if you join the Frome
Society for Local Study, you
automatically become a member
of the Frome and District Civic
Society as well. Frome Society
for Local Study is a
Registered Charity No.292340
FSLS Historypin just passed
12,000 views! Be ready to
book for our Festival Event
'THEY CAME TO FROME: WW2
on Monday 6th July 2015 at
Rook Lane Chapel at 7.30
tickets are available from the
Festival Box Office now