The Frome Society for Local Study was founded in
1958 by a number of townspeople who realised
there was a need to make the history of Frome
and the district better known, and to preserve its
historic buildings and records.
In the past. Frome Society for Local Study has:
* Helped to establish and run Frome Museum.
* Gathered and safeguarded information on
* Played a leading role in conserving historic
buildings, including Marston House.
* Given donations to many local projects.
* Given financial assistance for research.
* Purchased and repaired important relics.
* Provided plaques to mark buildings of
* Helped to set up Frome Town Twinning.
* Published over 80 titles of historic and local
interest, selling by post & online new titles and
Currently, the Frome Society for Local Study is
actively involved in:
* An annual programme of winter lectures.
* An annual programme of summer visits to
places of interest.
* Continuing its wide range of research,
donations, and publications.
To join the FSLS please
fill out a membership form,